UK Ultimate - Club Affiliation
UK Ultimate Club Affiliation is now available (online application form)
The club affiliation will initially run with a fixed renewal date on the calendar year - i.e. 1st Jan - 31st Dec (different to individual membership - explanation below).
The cost is £35.00, and cannot be purchased directly through the website yet.
Affiliated clubs are identified as such on their team-page on this website.
We do not necessarily expect all clubs to do this straight away - although of course we believe it to be of value and hope clubs will adopt it quickly. Over a period of a few years we will gradually increase the number of clubs that are required to have affiliation. For the time being the plan is quite limited:
2013: UKU REQUIRES the following clubs to become UKU-affiliated in order to be eligible to enter UKU competitions
2014: All clubs entering A-Tour and/or qualifying for Nationals - and will review and publish the timetable for extending to other clubs.
1. There are some requirements in terms of adopting a constitution, putting Risk Assessments in place for training sessions, reporting certain incidents / injuries.
2. We do NOT want "one-off" TEAMS to become affiliated clubs. With this in mind it will be some time before we link affiliation with eligibility at indoor competitions. It seems unlikely that we would ever expect teams at the Alumni Cup to be part of a club affiliation programme.
3. Club Affiliation is not applicable to Schools teams (we have specific School Affiliation), nor to University clubs.
4. It is a requirement (of the insurance) that ALL CLUB MEMBERS must be members of UK Ultimate.
(a) Only Basic membership is required to fulfil this condition.
(b) This is why the club affiliation renewal is offset from the individual membership renewal. It gives the club a chance to remind and chase their members to renew their individual membership prior to renewing the club affiliation.
(c) New players are allowed three "taster sessions" during which they are considered to be insured before they have to make a commitment to joining UK Ultimate.
5. The Club Affiliation renewal date is offset from the individual membership renewal date in order to allow the club secretary/treasurer time to remind club members to renew for the upcoming year prior to the club affiliation renewal which cannot be done until all club members have current UKU membership.